Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pineapple Upside Down Cake and Grilled Asparagus with Prosciutto Salad



For a healthier alternative I decided to try to eat more salads. Thomas Keller has a recipe for Grilled Asparagus with Prosciutto, fried bread, Poached Egg, and Aged Balsamic Vinegar Salad. It was delicious. I followed the recipe to the letter (including frying my own bread.) I'd definitely make this again.



I've never had pineapple upside down cake. I decided to try Thomas Keller's pineapple upside down cake. I used a fresh pineapple. Divine. What more can I say? ^_^ It's a rich butter cake with pineapples and a caramelized brown sugar glaze.

I've seen recipes for both the asparagus with prosciutto salad and pineapple upside down cake on various places on the web. I'm sure you should be able to get the recipe from one of those sites.

No comments: