Monday, July 9, 2007

Chicken Pot Pie



Ming loves the crust on pies whereas I always discard it. I generally prefer the filling over the crust. We tried a new place called Pilgrim's Kitchen in Belmont this weekend because they are reputed to have good donuts. They didn't let me down and I quickly gobbled up my donut for breakfast. They also had homemade chicken pot pie. When I told Ming this he immediately had me buy one.

Neither of us have ever had homemade chicken pot pie (only the frozen stuff) so we were excited to try it out. It ended up surpassing our expectations and was really good. the crust was so light and fluffy that even I ate it all up. The filling was just right with big pieces of chicken and freshly cut up pieces of carrots.

Even though I didn't make this pot pie it was good enough that it warrants a post to talk about it.

No comments: