Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Baked Potato Wedges

I like french fries but I dislike deep frying in the house. I try not to deep fry because deep frying isn't very healthy for you and it also makes the house smell. I had a bunch of potatoes and I wanted to eat them like french fries. What was the solution? The solution is to make them baked wedge fries.

Potato wedges are thicker versions of french fries and they satisfy my craving easily and quickly. It was really easy to make and Ming happily pronounced that the potato wedges were suitable substitutes for french fries.

Potato Wedges
potatoes
seasoned salt
black pepper
paprika
olive oil

Cut each potato into wedges. For a normal potato I get anywhere between 8 - 12 wedges. I like my wedges to be smaller so that each wedge ends up being very crunchy. Place the wedges onto a baking sheet (single layer) and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the seasoned salt, black pepper, paprika onto the potato wedges. Place the baking sheet into a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes. Halfway through the baking take the sheet out, flip the wedges, and reseason with seasonings and olive oil. Rotate the pan before placing back into the oven.

No comments: