Monday, January 14, 2008

Soy Milk

Not all soy milk is created equal. I used to purchase the brand "Snow White" soy milk from 99 Ranch. Sadly, Ranch has stoppped carrying this brand of soy milk so I've had to experiment with other brands. I've tried the soy milk from Golden Gate and will never buy it again. It doesn't have any taste; it tastes as though I am drinking water. I have found that Soy (I believe that is the brand name) is the best brand of soy milk available and it is found at both Marina and 99 Ranch. It has a very nice taste in both the sweetened and unsweetened forms. It also uses non-GMO soybeans which is a huge plus!

Silk is the Americanized version of soy milk and it is ok in a pinch but it's taste just doesn't compare with that of Soy. If you have a hard time trying to find this brand of soy milk, just look for the brand which is made in Hayward, CA. The labeling is very non-descript.

No comments: