Tuesday, December 4, 2007

La Fermiere Yogurt



I recently went to the Made in France warehouse sale. It is a sale where many of the items are made in France, very popular with ex-pats. I tried the La Fermiere yogurt and was blown away. This yogurt is much different than the ones we get in the states. It is much thicker, like cheese, and the yogurt cultures aren't as tart. The yogurt is very creamy and it almost feels sinful to eat something so rich without it being really fattening.

I bought both the natural flavor and the honey one. Both are excellent. I enjoyed the natural flavor with a dollop of apricot jam. Delicious. My only regret is not buying more yogurt.


The other perk about this yogurt is that each is packed in a terra cotta container. You can re-use the container in a number of ways. I will have 4 of them; I wonder what I should put in them ...

2 comments:

infamy said...

i love french yogurt. i don't understand why we can't get yogurt like that around here!

this Made In France thing sounds really interesting. i'm going to have to check it out next time... how do you get invited to such a thing?

Leah M said...

I love this yogurt and miss it tremendously since moving back to the states from Italy. (We lived by the French border so we'd jump in the car and 30 minutes later voila, LA Fermiere yogurt!) Do you know of anyone who sells it in the states? Thanks for the post!